Monday, July 28, 2008

Hazard!!! Please let the other riders know

I was riding this morning along Bundock street, Townsville with the Townsville Cycle Club, near all the roadworks. Well I was just writing this to let everyone out their that rides a bike to be careful and remember the other riders in a bunch.

I merely escaped a accident that could of left me unconscious. You see the other rider to the right of me was riding along and no-one directed their was a hazard or said anything. So, a fellow hit on of those markers that the council use to block of lanes and tumbled while the rider behind him followed. We called an Ambulance which also took 30min, even though their was an accident they didn't come very fast even with the rider in an unconscious state.

It just makes me annoyed to think that this could of been avoided if the riders ahead were alert.

Just as well the fellow had an ICE number. I know that I will be having a tag around my neck with an ICE number like the fellow who came off. I want to make it to the hospital and alert my friends / families of my accident.
 Please, remeber that if you are in a group ride or riding by yourself, to always have an ICE number and a mobile phone.

Out of the 12 riders, only 2 had a phone.

That's it for now, and please alert other riders of hazards!

No comments: