Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cycling Technique

Well as a newbie who must still need allot of help in the cycling world. I've been told I need to work on my style. Now this may be because I usually make up data on the spot based upon the process called approximations.

Here's the story.. I was cycling along Ross River Road got talking to an army guy (Who ride for OffnOn bikes). Within 5 minutes he picked me up on several areas where my technique needed refining.

On my list of improvements I've got:
  1. Cycle with a cadence of 100 - 120. (Would be helpful if I had cadence on my bike but will look into this with a new bike)
  2. Bike frame is too small. (It is apparent to me don't know about to others but my bike frame seems to small)
  3. Up-Down legs are not striding in correct circle with arches. (Will have to work on this although I think it's due to the frame)
Hopefully I can sleep on what I've got to improve and remember to work on my style when cycling from now on. Not just blame it on the bike. 

No comments: